Friday, February 24, 2012

Please Help Me Fight AIDS

Friends, Readers, Countrymen - Lend me your Wallets!

I am participating in AIDS Walk New York.  My team the "Hairy Backs" (don't ask...I didn't name it...) and I are really excited to walk this year! I have set an ambitious fundraising goal and I need your help reaching it!

Some background:

AIDS Walk New York, the world’s largest single-day AIDS fundraising event, benefits GMHC and more than 40 other AIDS service organizations in the tri-state area.  GMHC is the nation’s oldest and most comprehensive AIDS service organization, serving approximately 15,000 people living with HIV and AIDS each year.  The organization reaches countless more locally and nationally, through its prevention and advocacy work.

Although there has been some success with drug treatments and their ability to prolong the lives of those living with HIV/AIDS, they do not work for everyone, nor are they accessible to everyone.  These treatments can take their toll physically, mentally, and financially. I am also concerned by the alarming rate of new HIV infections in the New York City youth.  There remains an urgent need for comprehensive prevention programs that serve youth with diverse language and cultural backgrounds. The money we raise at AIDS Walk New York will help those in need living with the disease while supporting vital prevention efforts in New York City and beyond. 

Here's your part:

I would be so grateful your help.  Please sponsor me for AIDS Walk New York.  Just click on the link below to visit my personal fundraising web page.  It’s quick, easy, and safe to make a donation online with a credit card, debit card, or PayPal. 

(And by the way... GMHC, the primary beneficiary of AIDS Walk New York, is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) New York nonprofit corporation. Tax ID #13-3130146. All donations are tax deductible. )


After making your donation, you may be able to double your donation with a matching gift!  Please consult your human resources department, or use the matching gift search engine on the AIDS Walk New York website, to find out if your company has a matching gift program!

Thank you for supporting AIDS Walk New York and for helping put an end to this epidemic.  You can help me make a difference in the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS. 

Sincerely,
Lauren

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support AIDS Walk New York

No comments: