Sunday, September 26, 2010

Benefit (...Or "Me with Pink Hair")

So last night was the Lesbian Love Octagon Benefit. It was at the Stonewall Inn, which is a famous gay bar here in NYC (because it was the place of the Stonewall Riots in 1969, which is said to be the start of the Gay/Lesbian liberation movement). It was a night of frivolity, full of all sorts of things that I had never seen before. Lesbian Burlesque, Go-Go Dancers, me in a pink wig...it was an educational evening, to say the least!

So, presenting for the first time EVER in the whole UNIVERSE...

LAUREN WITH PINK HAIR

We did a 50/50 raffle and I had to sell tickets. Unfortunately, I did not sell that entire strand around my neck...I only sold like 8. But someone else took them and sold them for me!

Some of the cast sang the song "Drink To Being Single" from the show, which was also the name of the party! So we raised a glass to being single and sang all about it!

This is Ti, Sue, Me and Kat, who is belting it out while I am sipping my water. I am so hardcore. (PS: Like my tights?! I wish I got to wear this outfit for the actual show.)

Aww, see, here we're kind of sad about being single...but then we get happy again at the end and rock it out!


We had a great turnout for the party and it was a whole lot of fun! It made me really excited to start rehearsals and get this show up and running! Woo woo pink wigs! Woo woo striped tights!! Woo woo party party!!

Ok, the end.

Peace.

No comments: