Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Baking Bonanza!

Though I've had an incredibly busy autumn, I seem to have had a lot of opportunities for baking! Or...making some kind of dessert. So I thought I'd share my work with the world!

Most recent first:

A few weeks ago I was really in the mood for pie. And I wanted to try out these super cute pie-cutters that I got at work (Williams Sonoma). So I made a cherry pie and used the "fall leaf" pie cutter to do the top crust...here's how it turned out....


This is a before shot. Next time I will try to be a little less messy about the placement. I was rushing to finish putting it together before a rehearsal. But I'm still pretty pleased with it!



Before that, I baked some delicious pumpkin bread! And I used my new loaf pan from Williams Sonoma (ok, I went a little nutty shopping there in October...). Isn't it cool?!?! And this bread is DELICIOUS.



And another day, I was asked to make Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow). So I did! I thought this was a cool photo. :)



The recipe made a lot....



I am a big believer that cookies can bring up morale. That's why I always try to bring them to long rehearsals...or when I was in school, to test days and things like that. So, for our first weekend rehearsal of LLO, I made cookies! Most are halloween themed, but at the top you can see some that are LLO themed.



Another artsy baking shot....



I've also got plans to do a pumpkin pie and more pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving. Perhaps I'll post more photos then! :)

Anywho....that's all the baking I've been up to!

...Can you tell I don't have much to write about right now?

But, in maybe a week or so, I will have a semi-exciting announcement to make! :) Not exciting for any of you, really...but exciting for me...in a boring sort of way.

Yeah, that gets you interested, right?

Ok, not so much.

I'm gonna go to Starbucks! Peace.

1 comment:

Harper said...

All that baked goodness looks delicious! We, too, have had a baking bonanza at our house. I guess it's just the season for it!

Your pie looked awesome, and I can honestly say that I audibly gasped when I saw the top of it. It's beautiful! I want some fun and fancy dough stencils!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, LAUREN!