Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 173: My favorite T-Shirt

Day 173: My favorite T-Shirt by lalasappy
Day 173: My favorite T-Shirt, a photo by lalasappy on Flickr.
Via Flickr:
I got this shirt is 2001 (yes, it's 10 years old! isn't that amazing? it's been through so much with me!) at my CISV Summer Camp.

In 10th (I think?) grade Chemistry class, we did a Tie-Dye project and I took it in and tie-dyed it pink/blue. It was just plain old white before...boring right?!

And since then, it has been my favorite, most comfortable PJ shirt.

It reminds me of my sweet, wonderful friends from camp and the wonderful influence CISV has been in my life. It reminds me to reach out, make friends, love one another and that the smallest kindness can make a difference.

(Also, seriously, this shirt is so comfy I could wear it all the time.)

If you're not familiar with CISV, I suggest you read the lyrics to the CISV song below to get an idea of what an amazing organization it is:

Here in this village you may see

Children living happily

Different race and different land

Here we come to understand

One another's point of view

Learning through the things we do

How alike am I to you



Here we live and eat and sleep

Talk and laugh and sometimes weep

Here we share our hopes and fears

Build a bridge across the years

Sow a seed and plant a tree

Beneath whose branches there may be

All the nations gathered free



That our children so may grow

In a world we did not know

Sharing all they have to give

Learning how to love and live

In our hands the future lies

Seize the moment 'ere it flies

Stamp the present with an act

Dare to make our dream a fact

No comments: