Tuesday, December 18, 2012

2-7.

Well, it's happened.  My birthday.  I am now 27 years old.  Why does that sound SO much older to me than 26 did?  And trust me, I had a mini panic attack about 26.  Ugh.

But honestly?  My birthday was great.  I have amazing people in my life who made my day (and basically my entire weekend) super special.  27 feels like a special year.

Every year since I was about...23, I tell myself "this year is going to be the best one yet!"  And uh, every year seems to kind of suck overall.  I'm not saying I haven't had good things happen to me - I've had some great things happen, but I would say ages 23-26 have probably been the suckiest times of my life (can we say, "divorce"?  "death of soulmate dog"?  "some serious yo-yo dieting"?  "career troubles"?  ....yeah.  you can say it all.  and more.)

So this year, I will say two things:  I don't expect anything more than a mediocre year!  BUT I do expect (if this weekend/birthday was any indication) my year at the age of 27 to be full of surprises. 

Are you wondering what kind of surprises I have had these past few days?  Ok, I'll share a couple....

Surprises like this:


My co-workers surprised me with, not one, but 3 birthday cakes!

 
And then I got flowers from another co-worker!!!!!  Puppy shaped ones!


AND...maybe the best surprise ever.  My 3 favorite people in New York City schemed together to throw me a surprise birthday party on Sunday!  I was brought to a super cool Steelers bar to watch the football game with my friends!  Thank you so much to everyone who was there.  I love you.  :)  I ate so many buffalo wings...oh boy.  AND they had pierogies!!!!!!!!!!!  I mean, could you make a Pittsburgh girl any happier?  We had so much fun.
 
The Steelers didn't win...but we had some good moments.  I believe this was after we scored the touchdown and got ahead in the 4th quarter.  I had to snuggle the terrible towel.  
 
 
"Who are we?  USC!"  The Upper St Clair Alumni ...and a random guy photo-bombing the picture. 
 
 
The Inner Circle:  Amanda, Taylor and Abby - thank you so much for an amazing celebration!  I am so lucky to have each of you in my life. 


No comments: