Friday, November 13, 2009

My First Challenge

You may not know it...but I'm a fairly optimistic person. Usually. But recently, life has thrown me a few curveballs (as it tends to do) and I've hit a bit of a slump.

But that's over. Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself.

I'm hoping this blog can be an outlet for my pain, joy, excitement, love...anything that's going on from day to day. And not only that...but can push me to be better. Suggestions are welcome! :)

I will write my fears and try to find a way to overcome them. Starting with a big one...

Trying

New

Things

And I mean anything...a new food, a new book, a new activity, a new place...

I want to try SOMETHING new at least once a week. You'd be surprised, but really, I don't try something new every week...I have a routine and I like it. I stick to it. And I don't go outside the box.

But today, in hopes of turning myself around, I did!

I took my first Ballet class here in New York. I was petrified. Yes, I've taken Ballet before, but always in school or at PCLO... So I was scared to go into an NY Ballet class...who knows what kind of people I would find or what the teacher would be like!

But I LOVED IT. Fabulous teacher...HUGE class...and I was actually smiling through the grand battements! I came out feeling so refreshed and so proud of myself for being brave enough to finally go try it.

So, there's one thing checked off my list. What's next? Trying brussel sprouts? Oysters? A bikini wax? Could be anything. I'll be thinking about it.

Til next week.

No comments: