Monday, March 28, 2011

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just signed up for my first race! Like a running race!

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so scared. Haha.

Granted, it's only a 5K and it's totes non-competitive.

It's going to be super cool I think because it's at the Bronx Zoo! It's to raise money for penguins in Argentina who are losing their habitat! I love penguins so this is like the perfect first race.

But here's the thing...I was running all last spring and summer. And doing really well (in my own way...since I had never run before in my LIFE). But then I stopped. And now...well, getting back into it is a struggle.

I ran a mile on Wednesday and was exhausted. Literally out of breath. After a mile.

I have a little over a month to get up to 3.1 miles without pooping out on myself. I think this is possible.

...I think.

My goal is actually to get to 4 miles before the race so that the 3.1 feels a little easy.

But again, I fail at running, so we'll see how that works out.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

That's how I feel. :)

Peace my lovelies!

1 comment:

Janey said...

oh my gosh i'm so excited for you!!! I wish i could come run with you, i love races, woohoo!!!!!