Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1.2 Miles

That's the goal after work today. Just 1.2...I'm going to slowly work my way up .2 miles at a time. I figure I can handle that.

We'll see if I can be disciplined enough to stay on schedule.

Anyone have running tips for me? And racing tips for me? Especially because there's no bag check at this race...so I'm sort of nervous. I will have to layer clothes but I'm not sure what the weather will be like yet...and I'm sure there will be water stations and what-have-you, but should I still bring water? I have no idea! Should I do ear phones or no ear phones? This isn't a race with a big crowd of spectators so I don't feel like I'd be missing out on the cheering or anything...

And on that note, does anyone have any good running playlists they wanna throw my way? :)

And how do I keep myself psyched for this? I feel like in a week or two I'll be totally bored and I won't want to do it anymore. Or I'll just get lazy. How do I keep it fresh?

Completely Unrelated Tidbit: Did you know that in India women pierce the outside of the left nostril because it's supposed to make childbirth easier? Because Ayurvedic medicine associates the location with the female reproductive organs. (Thanks Wikipedia!)

I never knew the origin of the custom. I wonder if it works. Get a nose ring...labor's a breeze? (Ci - perhaps try this next time? hehe!) I think it's worth a try!

Buh-bye.

1 comment:

Janey said...

Seth always says "pace wins the race", you'll totally do it!

I LOVE listening to glee when i'm running. and lady gaga (that's embarrassing, I know). and I'm going to add the beibs to my list for my next race, because suddenly I might be developing a crush on him.

You're going to do so great!!!!!!!