Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Patch Test - The Results

(Friday night - POST Shower. Dang tape residue wouldn't come off!)

So I made it through the week of torture. And my patch test results are in.

I have the following allergies:

Thimerosal
Vitamin E
Propolis
Lanolin
Palladium Chloride
Benzol Peroxide

So the Thimerosal is a major allergy. It's found in a lot of eye drops and sometimes in contact lens stuff. I had blisters from that patch and it was SO itchy. The dermatologist even decided to give me a shot of cortisone to take care of it afterwards. (and I HATE shots...but...I got it anyway...because it was THAT itchy and horrible)

Palladium Chloride can be in some jewelry, so I'll have to be careful there.

Vitamin E...is like...in ALL of my moisturizers (particularly the one I started using before I got the little rash that led to this dang patch test). And it has majorly limited my choices when it comes to soap, lotion, lip balm, shaving cream...like EVERYTHING.

Propolis ...is bee glue (or bees wax). So...goodbye Burts Bees Products.

Lanolin - y'know, like Sheeps Wool? (I kept being reminded of that scene in Anchorman "What's your name? ...Lanolin? L-Lanolin? Like Sheeps Wool?") Which is also in lotions and some healing stuff....

Basically my doctor made fun of the fact that my body seems to hate anything natural. Great.

I got a list of products that are safe for me to use. My makeup is really limited now. Depressing. And of the 44 sunscreens he had in his database, only ONE is approved for me to use. But no little rash under my eyes, so I guess it's worth it!

And the rest of my bumps from the patch test are almost gone.

So there you have it folks! Nature hates me! And the Patch Test comes to an end.

Truthfully, it was worth it...but dang, not getting to shower for 5 days was TORTURE. My Friday night shower was probably the best shower I have had in a loooooong time.

No comments: