Saturday, September 10, 2011

A little taste of the Wizarding World...

So, if you hadn't noticed from my "photo-a-day" pictures…I went on vacation last weekend.  To the most magical place in the entire world…
(OK, yes, I did go to Disney, which is probably what you think of as the most magical place in the world, but I am here to tell you that you are WRONG.)

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

It was beyond awesomely nerdy and great.  I am slightly embarrassed of my Harry Potter obsession, but now that it's out in the blogging world, I'm going to embrace it and GUSH about this trip.  In multiple blog posts.  So get ready.  

First…just some lovely scenic shots.  :)

I first got to walk through the village of Hogsmeade…how incredibly adorable is this place?  Seriously.  Beautiful.  Down to every last detail.


Then after walking through Hogsmeade, I came upon the most famous and awesome School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  Hogwarts.


After learning some important spells and jinxes, I went back into down for some snacks.  Of course, I stopped by Honeydukes.


Then I stopped by the Owl Post to send some postcards (with an official Hogsmeade postmark!  I tell you, these people, they think of everything) and check out some adorable owls!


Then I walked over to Hagrid's Hut to say hi to Buckbeak and Fang.  


"Where to next?" I asked myself.


It was winter…in September…so I checked out this cutie-pie snow-witch somebody made.


Then I went to Ollivander's because I didn't have my own wand yet…and…well, that's a story for another post but let's just say the child in me just about wet her pants with glee during that experience.


Back to Honeydukes for more treats… (did you see my Chocolate Frog??)


The details…this is what I'm talking about.  This is the clock-tower in Hogsmeade.  How gorgeous is this??  Just every little bit of it was totally awesome.


More to come…seriously…I cannot stop gushing about it.  

HP Fans…be brave.  Come out and tell me what you think!  Ask me questions!  I'll answer!

3 comments:

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

um... where is this??? so sweet. I like Harry Potter. I'm not freak like... some people... but this kinda makes me want to be. wand and all! ha! love it. love you.

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah, where is this??

L.S. said...

Sorry it took me so long to answer this question! It's at Universal Studios in Orlando. Isn't it amazing??! Seriously. I was in awe the first day there. They thought of every little detail. It was magical.