Saturday, April 10, 2010

Austin! And general updates on life.

Well, I just got back on Monday from another awesome trip to Austin to see the family! Got there on Thursday and my sister, Sarah, had gotten tickets to this show called "Ladies of the 80's" at the Alamo Draft House. They played some really awesome music videos that were all female artists from the 80's. We rocked out to some quality tunes.


Elisa, Me, Sarah's friend Vanessa, and Sarah at the show


Dad and I at dinner at "Angel's". It had an awesome band and I had the NAUGHTIEST cheeseburger...so delish. Bacon and Guacamole. Heavenly.


For Sarah's birthday, we went ZIP-LINING! It was quite fun. We would ride these ziplines from tree to tree out in hill country. You go SO fast...super fun.


Sarah took this right after I landed...and I subconsciously beveled. Awesome.
(PS: that guide made fun of me the entire freaking time. 2 hours of teasing. Grr.)


Shaun, Sarah and I after we zipped our final line!

So, that was another first for me. PLUS...OMG...Shaun (my step brother) took me out on his MOTORCYCLE. I was SO frightened. But it was sooooooo cool! Motorcycles are one thing I was convinced I would never do. It can be so dangerous that I just told myself it was a life experience I didn't need. But now I'm very glad I did it. I'm not saying I'm going to become a biker chick, but I've changed my point of view on the whole motorcycle thing.

I'm totally psyched to go back next month for Elisa's and Dad's birthday. Who knows what exciting stuff I'll get into this time!

Otherwise...not too much is new. Took the doggies for walkies today. Oh, and I've decided I want to start running. Cause I really suck at it. And I think it'd be fun to be able to do it. Since I've really never been able to. But I have to find a buddy to help me...cause I know I won't have the strength to do it all on my own. But I am feeling inspired and I totally want to give it a try. I'll keep you updated on whether or not I actually follow through with this.

PS: Anyone remember the cartoon "Daria" on mtv? I got some episodes on Netflix for fun and it brought back so many memories. And I still totally have a crush on Jane's brother...I know he's a cartoon, but he's just so cool.

And now that I've admitted my attraction to a drawing, I'll bring this post to an end.

Peace.

No comments: