Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday's Thoughts

Do you ever have those days where all you want to do is just turn on your favorite tunes and ...well, tune out? Don't want to deal with anything. Don't want to DO anything. Or, do whatever you WANT to do, not what you're being told to do.

Today's my day. Today's my day where I want to put on whatever my iTunes has to offer and just jam. Maybe clean the apartment. Maybe do some yoga. But just forget about life for awhile.

But here I am, writing you (shhh, don't tell) from work. Where I am plagued with Quickbooks transactions to log and a meeting that I was actually looking forward to with my bosses is canceled. Boo.

I want to sing some Dolly Parton! I want to jam to Lady Gaga. I want to feel warm and fuzzy listening to some Ingrid Michaelson. But all I hear is the printer printing...and the phone ringing...and the click click click as I type to you, my dear readers, on this keyboard.

I could do the whole "headphones at my desk" thing since the bosses aren't in...but I hate that because then if someone I don't know walks in, I look like that totally irresponsible receptionist who listens to her iPod while facebooking instead of working. (Or blogging, I guess? Whatevs. It's taken me like an hour to write this because I go back and forth from real work to...not real work.)

Anywho. Tonight. I'm gonna rock out. And nobody is stopping me. So there.

Also, I have this feeling of being constantly hungry, but not wanting anything to eat. What is that about?

(I have found this blog to be a good outlet for whatever is physically wrong with me on a particular day. PS: eye twitch...totes still there.)

No comments: