Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Big Apple BBQ Block Party

If you were curious about why my weekend was so incredibly awesome, I'll tell you now. :)

The BIG APPLE BBQ BLOCK PARTY. Yes. The best weekend in New York City. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

My extended family owns an amazing restaurant in Texas called "BAKERS RIBS" and every year, they make the long trek all the way to NYC to sell their amazing BBQ in Madison Square Park. And every year since I've been here, I have attended and helped out! This year, they also brought their new business THE ORIGINAL FRIED PIE SHOP. ...have you ever had a fried pie? For real...amazing. Like ridic. Like....I could eat them every day and not get sick of them.

So here are some photos from my fabulous weekend. If you're an NYC resident, I highly recommend attending next year. If you're not in NYC...well, you should just come up next year. It's a Fo' Real blast.


Baker's Delicious Ribs cookin'

This is Dan. Dan made Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos. They might be my favorite part of the Big Apple BBQ. And they may have burned my mouth for over 15 minutes.

I was working in the Fried Pie truck all Saturday. Loadin' pies into the oven. Om nom nom.

I got to eat one after my shift! I had Apple. Again I say...Om nom nom!

Bakers Ribs and Original Fried Pie Shop - The best of the Big Apple BBQ!

There are no words to describe the awesomeness. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cube-neighbor and her husband traveled up to NYC for this! I didn't know you'd be there, or I would have told her to make sure to go find Bakers!

L.S. said...

you're kidding!! tell them they have to try Baker's next year! And you should come up too!