Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Words of Wisdom from Dick Van Dyke:

"I am a people person. My life has been a magnificent indulgence. I've been able to do what I love and share it. Who would want to quit? I suppose that I never completely gave up my childhood idea of being a minister. Only the medium and the message have changed. I have still endeavored to touch people's souls, to raise their spirits and put smiles on their faces."

-From his Memoir "DICK VAN DYKE: My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business"


I just love the way he describes being an actor. It really cuts to the core of why I love theatre.

Just wanted to share. :)



PS: Looking for a good book to read? Read his memoir. So entertaining and inspiring. He really has lived a lucky life. And it made me fall in love with Bert the Chimney Sweep all over again.

No comments: