Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's all about perspective.

I have a good life. I'm relatively healthy, relatively happy, relatively successful. I'm loved.

Some days...I don't feel that way. Some days I can' see the big picture. Or the small picture. Or I can't see the picture at all. All I see is the mess in front of me. Or inside me. Or all around me.

And then, I have a moment. A moment like I had today.

Walking down 29th street to run an errand for work. I look up into the sky. It was SO blue. It was warm. It's June. And I thought, "Lauren: It's a beautiful summer day and you live in New York City. Embrace this. Relish in it. Enjoy it."

I could've thought, "It's really hot...I'm tired...I don't want to be at work...I feel fat in this dress."

But instead, I focused on blue, blue sky. And sunshine. And summertime. And the warmth of the sun on my skin. And my sunglasses...because they're awesome.

I just took a moment to change my perspective. And it brightened my day.

Again I say...blog readers: Whenever I get down, remind me to go read this entry and focus on the good and the love in my life. There's a lot of both.

Lovies. :)

No comments: