Monday, May 23, 2011

New Hair Proves Who Your True Friends Are

So on Saturday, I had my hair cut and colored. It looks pretty nice. I'm in this awkward place of trying to grow it out from super short...so it's not going to be perfect (in my opinion) until it's back to at least chin-length.

Anywho, recently I told this story on a friend's blog:

Ok, so MAYBE I've been going to Starbucks a bit too often.

I almost just hugged my Starbucks guy.

I saw him standing on the sidewalk (RIGHT OUTSIDE STARBUCKS, LAUREN: CONTEXT CLUES!) and he's all smiley and making eye contact with me. In my head, I'm like "I know this person..." and then he said "hey!" and for a brief moment, I just assumed he was a friend of mine that I couldn't remember how I knew...And I started going in for the hug and then remembered "he gives me my drink every morning; I do not know his name". And so I just sort of throw my hands up in a "what a surprise to see you!" sort of way and give a big "HIIIIII!"

Of course, then he's like, "oh, you just made it in for Frappuccino Happy Hour!" and I'm just smiling and giggling in that awkward way as I run inside my Starbucks, kicking myself.

Crisis basically averted. But now I'm definitely re-evaluating how often I go to Starbucks.

So this morning, I go into Starbucks and Starbucks guy waves at me. I wave back. I get up to the line and he's like "oh I like what you did to your hair! it's really cute!" (either he's gay or has a crush on me...I haven't decided which yet...) Anyway, I thank him, we chat for a moment about how the world didn't end on Saturday and I go on my merry way.

Get to work.

Hours go by. I see both my bosses, my supervisor and some co-workers.

Nobody comments on the fact that my hair is significantly darker and not as crazy as it was on Friday.

...for real...my Starbucks guy noticed. I only see him for like 2 minutes maybe 3-4 days a week. (YES I KNOW I NEED TO COOL THE STARBUCKS HABIT!)

Erin and Whitney totally noticed when they saw me yesterday. See? Friends notice hair changes.

Starbucks guy is my friend.

Even if I don't know his name.

:)

Lovies!

2 comments:

Abby said...

show new hair picture!!
xo
A

Anonymous said...

haha, THIS after a detoxification post. niice one, lars. xo