Thursday, April 7, 2011

1.7 Today?

We'll see if it happens after work. It's cold and nasty and rainy out and the only thing I want to do after work is go home and snuggle on the couch with Charley. That's not to say I DON'T want to snuggle with Scout...but she's kinda hyper whenever I come home...while Charley prefers the snuggling. But my point? I want quality couch time...but I need 1.7 miles.

Boo. Running isn't that fun to me. Does anyone really enjoy it? Or is it more like "hey look what I've accomplished"...cause I get that. And I get why that might make you say you "like" to run...but if you really "like" it, well, we need to talk and you need to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

So! The last 2 days I've had the opportunity to see 2 shows! The first was a new off-Broadway play called "By The Way, Meet Vera Stark". It was...interesting. Not my favorite thing ever, but it had some great performances...specifically, Karen Olivo (who won the Tony for Anita in the West Side Story Revival). She was hilarious in the second act. Made me wish I saw her as Anita.

Then LAST night I got to go see my friend from college, Jesse Swenson, in The Addams Family. He's playing "Lucas Beineke"...Wednesday's new boyfriend. He did such a fabulous job and it was so great to see him perform again. He's in it with Bebe Neuwirth (YEAH!! I KNOW!! I die a little!) and Roger Rees (The Sheriff of Rottingham from Men in Tights...seriously!!). The show itself is...well, slightly unfortunate. But the set and costumes are fabulous and my friend Jesse was GREAT! And Lurch was really good too. :)

Afterwards, I went back stage and Jesse and I took a picture with Cousin It.


I apologize for the blurriness of my iphone...we snapped it pretty quick. I also got to see the giant squid tentacles and the torture chair they used. Random but fun!

Next month I'm going to see another friend, Nick Adams, in Priscilla: Queen of the Desert...which I'm excited about. I also really want to go see How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with Daniel Radcliffe! But I have to see if I have any money with which to do so.

Not too much else going on. Work is busy. I am tired of it. That's about it!

No comments: